- HOME PAGE AND TIMELINE
- RESTAURANT REVIEWS
- SPECIALTY MARKETS - CULINARY ARTICLES - INFORMATION
- COMPETITIONS - EVENTS - SHOWS - TRAVEL DESTINATIONS
- APPETIZERS - EVENT PLATTERS
- SALADS - ASPIC - CHAUD FROID - COLLEE
- SOUPS - STEWS
- SANDWICHES - BURGERS - HOT DOGS
- VEGETABLES - THE DAILY BEANS
- ASIAN NOODLES - GOURMET RAMEN - KOMEX CUISINE
- PASTA - EGG NOODLES - PIZZA - CALZONE - STROMBOLI
- BEEF - STEAKS
- SEAFOOD - FRESHWATER FISH
- CHICKEN - GAME HEN - TURKEY
- PORK - HAM
- VEAL - LAMB
- BBQ - CHILI - SOUL FOOD
- WILD GAME - RABBIT - DUCK - GAME BIRDS
- SAUSAGE - OFFALS - LIVER - Pâté
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Lemon Grass Shrimp Tofu and Wakame Soup with Ribbon Noodles
A healthy soup!
Lemon Grass Shrimp Tofu and Wakame Soup with Ribbon Noodles Recipe:
Place 2 1/2 cups of light shrimp broth in pot.
Add 1 lemon grass stalk.
Place the pot over medium high heat.
Gently boil the broth for 10 minutes.
After the lemon grass flavor infuses with the broth, remove the lemon grass stalk.
Add 1 very small handful of rinsed chopped salt packed wakame seaweed.
Add 1 teaspoon of minced ginger.
Add 1 minced garlic clove.
Add 1 pinch of crushed dry Thai chile pepper.
Add sea salt and white pepper.
Add 4 to 5 drops of sesame oil.
Add 1/2 tablespoon of Thai Fish Sauce.
Add 1/2 teaspoon of thin soy sauce.
Add 1 small handful of thin sliced onion.
Add 6 Thai Basil leaves.
Add 4 baby bok choy halves.
Add 4 or 5 large bite size cube shaped firm tofu pieces.
Add 8 peeled shrimp.
In a separate pot, boil 1 portion of wide ribbon egg noodles. (Wonton wrappers that are cut into wide ribbons are fine for this recipe. Wonton noodles take less than 1 minute to cook.)
Ladle the soup into a large bowl.
Arrange the tofu, bok choy and shrimp in the bowl, so the soup looks nice.
Drain the water off of the ribbon noodles.
Place the ribbon noodles on the center of the soup.
Garnish with a Thai Basil sprig.
The broth and seasoning in this soup is very light, so the lemongrass and basil flavors are not overwhelmed. This is a light, delicious soup! ... Shawna