Sunday, August 14, 2011

Travelers Motel Microwave Cuisine - Kimchi Beef Ramen Noodles







     In a previous article, I mentioned that I am temporarily staying at a motel for a month while preparing to move back home to Las Vegas.  I have no kitchen at this time.  Like most modern motels, there is a microwave oven in the room.  I decided to post a few microwave oven recipes for travelers and fans of microwave cooking.
     I will be going to school when I return to Las Vegas, so it is only fitting that I post some ramen noodle recipes.  Ramen noodles are known as college student survival food.  Living paycheck to paycheck causes many people to rely on ramen noodles for a meal.  Many people who have endured hard economic times do have fond memories of their favorite way to dress up ramen noodles.
     I have posted a few gourmet ramen recipes in my blog so far.  These "Motel Microwave Travelers Cuisine" recipes are much more basic and quite simple.  Very little garnishing is needed when cooking a microwave meal while traveling.
     Emphasis is placed on nutrition, antioxidant qualities, protein and medicinal benefits when creating a travelers microwave meal.  This microwave ramen recipe features Korean kimchi.  Kimchi is well known for helping the body to fight off colds and flus.  Kimchi has antioxidant properties that give relief to breathing in the fumes of the road when traveling all day.  The red chiles in kimchi give relief to pain and they help to relieve joint inflammation.  Koreans use kimchi and beef broth to make many different kinds of jjigae recipes.
   
     Microwave Kimchi Beef Ramen Noodles:
     Place a portion of ramen noodles in a ceramic bowl.
     Cover the ramen noodles with water.
     Add the ramen noodle bouillon packet.  (Any bouillon flavor is okay.)
     Cover the bowl with a loose fitting lid.
     Microwave the noodles on the hi setting for enough time to bring the liquid to a boil.
     Remove the lid and stir the noodles.
     Add 4 to 5 ounces of Korean kimchi.
     Add sea salt and black pepper.
     Cover the bowl with a loose lid.
     Return the bowl to the microwave on a hi setting and boil till the noodles become tender.
     Cut 4 ounces of thin sliced roast beef lunch meat into wide strips.
     Add the beef strips to the bowl.
     Stir the beef strips in the hot broth, so the beef becomes warm.
     Use a fork to place the noodles in a shallow soup bowl.
     Arrange the kimchi and beef strips on the ramen noodles.
     Drizzle a little bit of bottled hot sauce over the beef and kimchi.
     Pour a little bit of bottled teriyaki sauce over the exposed noodles.
   
     This quick nutritious microwave oven travelers recipe does taste good!  Kimchi and beef is often combined in Korean jjigae recipes.  Ramen noodles are popular worldwide.  I really would not be surprised if  Korean college students have cooked this ramen entrees like this.
     This is a nice easy recipe for people who prefer a nutritious meal that gives relief to road fatigue when traveling!  Yum!  ...  Shawna

3 comments:

  1. I love kimchi, because when I was little. The smell and taste always make me feel alive. I know many people do not like kimchi, because of its taste and smell.
    Dreambox 500s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimchi is part of my old jjigae recipes too. yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really nice treat for myself after getting my Basset Training! This is really delicious! I am always craving for Ramen ever since I tasted it. It's more like a special noodles with lots of toppings. I feel like I know now why Naruto (anime) likes it. :) Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete