- HOME PAGE AND TIMELINE
- RESTAURANT REVIEWS
- SPECIALTY MARKETS - CULINARY ARTICLES - INFORMATION
- COMPETITIONS - EVENTS - SHOWS - TRAVEL DESTINATIONS
- APPETIZERS - EVENT PLATTERS
- SALADS - ASPIC - CHAUD FROID - COLLEE
- SOUPS - STEWS
- SANDWICHES - BURGERS - HOT DOGS
- VEGETABLES - THE DAILY BEANS
- ASIAN NOODLES - GOURMET RAMEN - KOMEX CUISINE
- PASTA - EGG NOODLES - PIZZA - CALZONE - STROMBOLI
- BEEF - STEAKS
- SEAFOOD - FRESHWATER FISH
- CHICKEN - GAME HEN - TURKEY
- PORK - HAM
- VEAL - LAMB
- BBQ - CHILI - SOUL FOOD
- WILD GAME - RABBIT - DUCK - GAME BIRDS
- SAUSAGE - OFFALS - LIVER - Pâté
Saturday, December 31, 2011
Miso Hot Wings
Miso hot! Another crafty catchy name for a recipe!
Dining out on New Years Eve and New Years Day does not mean having lobster, chateaubriand or steak to some people. Burgers and wings are the preferred cuisine of most party goers.
I have posted a few nice chicken wing recipes in my blog that are nice for New Years. This miso hot wing recipe is full of great flavor. Red miso paste and Korean red serrano pepper sauce combine with the added seasonings to give these wings a very rich nice asian flavor.
Miso Hot Wing Sauce Recipe:
Place 1/2 cup of red miso paste in a sauce pot.
Add 3 tablespoons of Korean red serrano chile pepper sauce.
Add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
Add 2 teaspoons of sesame oil.
Add 1 splash of rice wine.
Add white pepper.
Add 2 minced garlic cloves.
Add 2 teaspoons of ginger paste.
Add just enough water, while whisking, to thin the miso paste and to create a thin sauce.
Gently warm and simmer the wing sauce over medium low heat for 5 minutes.
Keep the sauce warm on a stove top.
Miso Hot Wings Recipe:
Heat enough vegetable frying oil in a high sided pot to fry 12 chicken wings. Heat the oil to 360 degrees.
Cut the wing tips off of 6 chicken wings.
Cut the drumettes and wings apart at the joint.
Fry the chicken wings in the hot oil, till they become lightly browned and crispy.
Drain any excess oil off onto a dry towel.
Place the wings in the miso hot sauce.
Toss the sauce and wings together
Mound the wings on the center of a plate.
Garnish with Italian parsley sprigs.
Miso paste gives these wing a very rich flavor! These wings are comfortable and mildly spicy. New Years party night? Miso Hot Wings! ... Shawna